Regional Chief Development Officer - Princeton, NJCompany: American Red Cross
Date Posted: August 31, 2016
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
This highly visible, external-facing role represents the new Jersey Region in establishing, reinforcing, and growing private philanthropy efforts to meet critical financial goals. You will be expected to promote a resilient, revenue-oriented culture centered on market-driven targets, supporting the Regional CEO in cultivating high-capacity donors on a consistent basis. You will lead your development team—including a sizable company of leadership volunteers—in blueprinting and executing impactful fund development strategies for the New Jersey Region's individual donor base, corporations, and foundations.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies in close partnership with the Regional Chief Executive, Divisional Fundraising Vice President, and regional Board(s), attaining significant annual growth in the short term and diversifying the funding base towards long-term sustainability
- Meet or exceed regional minimum fundraising targets ($7M - $15M) for the current fiscal year), adjusting as necessary in the event of major domestic disasters
- Fulfill national and regional fundraising metrics via a personal portfolio of major donors and prospects and in-person solicitation skills
- Collaborate with national headquarters’ development staff to identify and maximize fundraising opportunities
- Lead focused growth in major gifts areas and prospects, coordinating efforts with regional Major Gifts Officer(s); oversee professional development of Major Gifts Associate(s)/Officer(s) as necessary
- Collaborate with leadership to determine reporting structure for regional Fundraising Development staff, instituting best practices in moves management and performance measurement
- Oversee implementation of regional organizational campaigns (e.g., Holiday Campaign, Disaster Relief, and March is Red Cross Month)
- Act as a regional senior leader, directing the Regional Development team in carrying out strategic decisions and adhering to all reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years fundraising leadership experience with an established track record of proactively growing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies; progressive sales leadership may substitute for fundraising experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing broad fundraising programs from inception to successful closure of major gifts
- Significant expertise with New Jersey's funding community highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.com)
Interested Development professionals should apply directly via the Red Cross careers page:
Do a keyword search using RC2038 or Princeton.
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development; team spirit; a competitive salary; and a comprehensive benefits package.