Stewardship & Donor Relations OfficerCompany: Rowan University
Date Posted: June 8, 2016
Rowan University seeks a Stewardship & Donor Relations Officer to design, implement and coordinate a comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program to promote interaction with and recognition of Rowan’s donors at all levels. The successful candidate will develop creative strategies for the acknowledgement, reporting and ongoing stewardship of donors, with the goal of increasing donor engagement and giving in support of the institution’s fundraising efforts. This position reports to the Vice President for University Advancement.
- Plan and execute donor cultivation, engagement, stewardship and recognition events, including oversight and planning for the annual Scholarship Reception & Dinner, to create innovative opportunities to connect and engage donors and fund recipients.
- Research, compile and prepare annual donor stewardship reports (about 60+ per year).
- Manage emerging stewardship initiatives and create new opportunities to engage and thank donors.
- Supervise one staff member.
- Coordinate donor stewardship recognition projects and donor recognition items and gifts.
- Write and edit donor-related content and messages for the University and Division.
- Provide general advancement writing, presidential, vice presidential correspondence and other high touch high impact writing projects
- Partner with Advancement staff to determine best strategies for effective stewardship and collaborate to meet stewardship goals and objectives.
- Conceptualize special recognition events and create positive experiences for donors, including preparing event plans, budgets, scripts, schedules, printed materials and messaging.
- Assist with the coordination of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of advancement, donor relations or related experience, preferably in a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Superior supervisory and project management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to importance of stewardship and donor relations as an institution wide effort.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills and demonstrated creativity and organization.
- Highest standards of confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Experience in academic fundraising environment and familiarity with the principles of fundraising are highly desirable.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter highlighting related education and experience, a resume, three writing samples to demonstrate varied writing styles and the names and contact information for at least three references.
To apply please visit: http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=5281432