Chief Executive Officer (CEO)Company: Gilda's Club South Jersey
Date Posted: May 19, 2016
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Fund Development and Financial Management (25%)
- With the Board, secure sufficient funding to ensure the ongoing operation and growth of GCSJ.
- Lead broad range of revenue raising activities directly and/or through board and development staff. Key revenue raising activities may include: major gifts, special events, grants, board, staff and other individual gifts, planned giving and bequests.
- With the Finance and Development committees, develop and monitor long range financial and revenue generation plans.
- Cultivate and retain a broad range of donors including individuals, charitable foundations and corporations.
- Develop annual budget; ensure implementation and timely review.
- Maintain a system of financial controls; monitor financial performance and enact corrective measures, when necessary.
- Monitor legal climate and implement compliance measures, as required.
- Provide monthly financial statements and annual audits to the Board.
II. Internal Operations (25%)
- Provide general management leadership of an efficient and effective organization optimizing human, financial and physical resources.
- Ensure implementation of bylaws, polices, strategic plan, goals and priorities as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate professional and support staff including oversight of evaluation and compensation programs, personnel policies and procedures, and benefit programs.
- Oversee maintenance of the facility and all GCSJ assets
- Manage staff and volunteers to provide optimal delivery of programs and services and to ensure productive work environment and spirit of teamwork.
- Exercise final control over all internal operations that support the strategic plan objectives and the specific goals.
III. Board Relations (20%)
- Work with and coordinate the activities of a volunteer-led Board to achieve the strategic and financial goals of GCSJ.
- With the Chair/President of the Board and the Nominating Committee help recruit and develop Board and Committee members.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the board, attend all meetings of the board and executive committee, and provides regular updates to the board on the key activities.
- With the Chair/President of the Board, plan Board meetings, executive committee meetings and the operation of the Board.
- Coordinate and participate in the GCSJ strategic planning process.
- Through implementation of good governance processes, ensure the legal and financial integrity of the organization.
IV. Community and Public Relations (20%)
- Serve as chief spokesperson, represent GCSJ at key meetings and community gatherings.
- Develop and execute outreach and public relations programs to increase awareness of GCSJ in the community.
- Cultivate key individuals and organizations through in person meetings, speeches, and public appearances.
- Oversee the production and distribution of marketing materials.
- Nurture and build partnerships with medical centers, hospitals, oncology physician practices, hospices and other appropriate organizations
V. Programs (5%)
- Ensure program development, delivery and expansion is consistent with Cancer Support Community Program Standards as well as the facility strategic plan and available resources.
- Engage and supervise the Program Director to optimize the effective delivery of state of the art programs and services to participants.
- With the Program Director, ensure participant needs are identified and met in a manner consistent with the mission, philosophy and values of GCSJ.
VI. Relations with Cancer Support Community (5%)
- Ensure compliance with the national charter including, attendance at required ED/CEO training and participation in National Quality Assurance Program.
- Interact with the National Staff and EDs/CEOs at other affiliates to exchange information and sharing of best practices.
- Work with CSC colleagues on inter-facility activities such as Advisory Councils, ad hoc planning teams, peer-reviewer on QA team, etc.
- Provide quarterly reports in a timely and accurate manner as requested by National.
- Attend the Affiliate Conference and other CSC meetings as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 7 years of experience in a leadership position in a nonprofit organization or for profit business.
- Well developed skills and experience in fundraising, management, supervision of staff, marketing, public relations, strategic planning, board development, and general business operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Gilda's Club South Jersey is an EOE.