Major Gifts Officer at Youth Consultation Service (YCS)Company: Youth Consultation Service (YCS)
Date Posted: October 1, 2015
YCS, the largest children’s behavioral health organization in New Jersey, seeks a professional who can develop a pipeline of major gift donors and expand our philanthropy as we prepare to launch our first comprehensive campaign.
The Major Gifts Officer will work collaboratively with the development team, executive staff, and board leadership to engage potential donors in meaningful cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
Specifically, the Major Gifts Officer’s primary role is to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit potential major gift prospects ($25K+) to benefit current YCS programs and expansion as envisioned in our strategic plan.
Under the direction of the President/CEO, the Major Gifts Officer will manage a prospect portfolio of approximately 100 donors and potential donors and will have the expectation of making 12 or more face-to-face visits per month. Collaboration is an expectation of our work, and therefore the manager of Major Gifts will be an excellent relationship builder who has the demonstrated ability to work with others to achieve ambitious, matrix-driven goals. In addition to working with donors, the Major Gifts Officer will closely partner with the YCS leadership team to determine funding priorities and plans and ensure appropriate stewardship.
- Meet monthly activity goals and annual cultivation and stewardship goals
- Collaborate with YCS Foundation staff to achieve personal and organizational goals
- Using multiple sources including research, volunteer-referrals, annual giving data, wealth screening, board referrals and other means, the Major Gifts Officer will identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward potential major gift prospects in support of YCS
- Establish and maintain a mid-major level donor prospect portfolio of approximately 100 donor/prospects
- Make calls to qualify (in or out) donors who have given at low/mid-levels, determine interest areas within YCS
- Through face-to-face visits with potential prospects, determine interest areas within YCS
- Work collaboratively with Vice President of YCS Foundation and other Foundation colleagues to move donor/prospects
- Conduct 12-15 face-to-face visits each month
- Adherence to prospect management and tracking guidelines, including regular entries into Raiser’s Edge
- Participate in successful stewardship practices
- Work closely with the annual and potential planned giving efforts of the Foundation
- Develop and manage personal annual fundraising plans and budget for your area of responsibility
- As assigned, serve as the Foundation liaison for various fundraising initiatives
- As assigned, participate in management of Development and other appropriate Committees
- Coordinate and prepare Board Reports
- Assist in creating the overall fundraising programs at YCS
- Successfully represent YCS to the community
Education, Training and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional fundraising experience in children’s mental health/developmental disabilities/special education or public health, health systems, higher education, or minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in finance, customer service, hospitality, sales or other related service industry. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and develop relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, collaborative team player
Please send cover letter with salary history and resume, to email@example.com