Director of Institutional Advancement, Preston High School, Bronx, NYCompany: Preston High School
Date Posted: June 10, 2015
Director of Institutional Advancement
Preston High School, Bronx, NY
Preston High School, located in the Throgs Neck section of the Bronx, New York, is an all-girls Catholic college preparatory high school founded for young women by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion in 1947. The mission of PHS is to empower young women as they discover their own potential and value through a broad and challenging education, active participation in community and a commitment to Christian service, so that they may become compassionate leaders for change in the world.
Our vision is to change the world around us through compassion.
To build on and leverage our success, Preston seeks an accomplished fundraising professional who possesses the talent, skills, and leadership to significantly grow all aspects of our advancement program, with a focus on grants and major gifts.
The Director of Institutional Advancement will be responsible for managing two staff in the direction, planning, and execution of all fundraising and advancement-related activities.
- Design and implement a comprehensive institutional advancement plan;
- Oversee management of annual giving program, endowment funds, planned giving, and major fundraising events;
- Sustain existing and forge new relationships with donors, prospects, alumnae, parents, faculty, and the community at large;
- Maintain portfolio of major gift prospects for direct solicitation;
- Research and write foundation proposals and steward these institutional funders;
- Supervise development and distribution of all advancement related publications including the newsletter, annual report, and solicitation pieces;
- Work closely with the Directors of Admissions and Finance;
- Report regularly to the Principal and Board.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters preferred.
- Three to five years working in responsible fundraising and management positions, with a proven track record of accomplishment in annual appeals, events, and communications.
- Demonstrated experience and success with major gifts and foundation funding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; mastery of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database.
- Strong communication and personnel management skills to develop an efficient and progressive development operation.
Please send cover letter, with salary history and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org