Executive Director of Institutional AdvancementCompany: Roman Catholic High School, Philadelphia, PA
Date Posted: February 2, 2015
Roman Catholic High School was founded in 1890 as the first Diocesan Catholic high school for young men in the nation. As Roman nears its 125th anniversary, the school is robust in every measure. Enrollment is at capacity with freshmen applications from over 17 elementary schools at twice the rate of acceptance. Over 95% of Roman graduates further their education. Plans are underway for innovative facility expansion. Alumni engagement and support is strong.
Roman Catholic thrives with a cultural, racial and religious diversity that reflects its home. Located in Center City, the downtown location extends the classroom, and students can be seen studying art at the Academy of Fine Arts or anatomy at Drexel School of Medicine at Hahnemann Hospital.
This is truly a unique Catholic high school.
To build on and leverage our success, Roman seeks an accomplished fundraising professional who possesses the talent, skills and leadership to grow all aspects of our advancement program. The Executive Director of Institutional Advancement will be responsible for managing four staff in the direction, planning and execution of all fundraising and advancement-related activities.
- Design and implement a comprehensive institutional advancement plan;
- Oversee management of annual giving program, endowment funds, planned giving and major fundraising events;
- Sustain existing and forge new relationships with donors, prospects, alumni, parents, faculty and the community at large;
- Maintain portfolio of major gift prospects for direct solicitation;
- Supervise development and distribution of all advancement related publications, including the annual report, solicitation pieces and capital campaign material;
- Work closely with the Directors of Alumni Relations and Public Relations;
- Report regularly to the President and Board.
- Master's degree in business, public relations, sales and marketing or related field.
- Three- to five-years working in responsible fundraising and management positions, with a history of prospect development, management and solicitation, event planning, promotion and marketing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; mastery of Blackbaud Raisers Edge or similar fundraising database.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful fundraising campaigns and conducting and evaluating research.
- Strong communication and personnel management skills to develop an efficient and progressive development operation.
Please send cover letter, with salary history and resume, to email@example.com.