Manager - Raiser's EdgeCompany: Philabundance
Hunger is a community-wide problem that requires community support. Philabundance has a growing base of supporters through the generosity of over 70,000 individual donors, corporations, foundations and other philanthropic organizations.
With five locations, including two warehouses, a fleet of 14 trucks, a staff of over 150 people, and a volunteer program of over 15,000 volunteers per year, we have the resources to make a difference in the Delaware Valley. By joining our team, you, too, can make a difference, as part of one of the most innovative hunger relief organizations in the U.S.
Philabundance is looking for dedicated, creative, and inspired team members—if this describes you, join us! We are proud to be a veteran-friendly, equal-opportunity employer.
To learn more about Philabundance go to www.philabundance.org.
To be successful in this role, the Manager- Raiser’s Edge must have in depth knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, nonprofit business operations and needs - such as financial methodologies (ROI, operational vs. capital costs, etc.), fundraising, donor and prospect management and gift entry protocols. Manager is responsible for applying all that information to ensure data integrity to achieve Philabundance’s fundraising goals.
Responsibilities include: overall management of the fundraising database and integrated systems, including e-commerce, volunteer and food acquisition; data quality and application management; data transmission; fundraising reporting and queries; database user training and support; and fundraising business intelligence analysis. Manager will also supervise Gift Processing staff, ensuring accuracy of data entry, adherence to best practices and maintenance of gift acknowledgement process.
Manager is responsible for providing leadership in strategically improving processes and procedures with a focus on communication and collaboration to achieve departmental goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience Donor Data management
• Three years of Donor Data management with Raiser’s Edge specifically.
• Expertise developing and writing reports in Excel, SQL and Crystal Reports.
• Proficiency creating queries.
• Experience with fundraising software including Convio and Omatic products.
• Proven project management skills.
• Strong understanding of fundraising, donor & prospect management and marketing practices; as well as gift processing and financial processes.
• Excellent data analysis skills and their application in marketing/fundraising
• Experience in training staff, preferably on Raiser’s Edge Experience
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills in developing and sustaining effective working relationships with management, peers and subordinates
• Database query and reporting expertise (SQL)
• Ideally the Raiser’s Edge – Project Manager will have technical expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and proficiency in understanding Systems Architecture issues.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
• PMI certification preferred
• Develop and manage Raiser’s Edge database structure, processes, guidelines, and data dictionary for use of, and interaction with, the database to ensure data integrity, ease of use, and accuracy of extracted data.
• Perform all donor database administration and supervisory functions, including database maintenance, security set-up, duplicate record merging, clean-up tasks, and quality control audits. Coordinate NCOA updates, software and hardware upgrades, and other projects with IT Department. Work with IT and outside vendors to troubleshoot network and software issues.
• Manage scheduled data imports and exports ensuring timely and accurate data transmittals to and from Raiser’s Edge.
• Create, generate and distribute financial, analytical, statistical, and demographic reports; mailing lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested by organization staff.
• Create and update Business Process documentation with respect to the Donor and Donation processes.
• Work to increase integration with other business critical databases, establishing the donor database as central information source.
• Design and generate customized reporting and establish automated processes as necessary.
• Provide training on how to use the database to its best potential and technical support to all donor database users.
• Manage upstream/downstream operations that impact Raiser’s Edge (Website donations, telephone donations, reporting out of the GL, etc.).
• Collaborate with fundraisers in the prospect research and moves management activities of the Development Department, including the generation of donor and prospect profiles, as well as reporting on cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
• Work with Finance to reconcile gifts, provide transaction information and reports, troubleshoot issues and, when required, reevaluate procedures and systems to improve gift tracking, reconciliation, and reporting.
• Lead cross-departmental project team working sessions to define the existing Business Process and needs as well as the desired process. Translate the needs into Business Process documentation.
• Plan, organize, and direct projects with respect to implementing Business Process changes within the Raiser’s Edge as well as IT Systems implementations in support of the process changes.
• Direct activities of both the Business Process owners and the IT development teams in order to meet project milestones.
• Pursuant to financial regulations and non-profit best practices, document and maintain the RE policies and procedures manual.
• Actively participate in organizational and departmental events and activities.
In addition Philabundance offers comprehensive benefits, including:
• 403(b) savings and investment plan
• Paid vacations and holidays
• Personal days
• Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Prescription Plan
• Life insurance and disability insurance
Come join our team and be a part of ending hunger in the Delaware Valley!
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Apply online at http://philabundance.catsone.com/careers