Development SpecialistCompany: Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, Inc.
Date Posted: December 5, 2013
Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center seeks a Development Specialist to lead new and expanded development initiatives. The initial priority for this full-time role is the design and implementation of strategies for a successful second phase of a five million dollar fundraising campaign for capital needs and operations. The self-directed director will work in collaboration with the executive director, other development staff and board leaders to increase a portfolio of high net worth donors, implement growth in major annual gifts and to establish a planned giving program.
• Assume a hands-on, leadership role in the research, identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
• Partner with the executive director, development manager and the board development committee to develop, manage, and execute strategies for the second phase of the above mentioned fundraising campaign
• Establish a planned giving program
• Produce materials and tools to promote the campaign, planned giving and other initiatives
• Write letters, proposals, and reports in close collaboration with the executive director and program leaders for existing and prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors
• Develop and oversee cultivation events and participation in existing fundraising events
• Develop donor recognition and appreciation programs
• Minimum bachelors degree required
• Minimum 5 years of senior development experience
• Proven success in campaign and major gift development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to deliver presentations that engage individuals and groups
• Proven leadership skills • Knowledge of foundation, corporate and individual philanthropy
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of the Delaware Valley philanthropic community preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems (SalesForce preferred)
• Commitment to and understanding of the mission and work of Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center
This is a full-time position (40+hrs) with occasional weekends/evenings required. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. WheatonArts is an EOE; visit our web site at wheatonarts.org. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to Susan Gogan at Sgogan@wheatonarts.org. Please put last name at the beginning of all documents.