Community Chapter Executive - Pennsauken, NJCompany: American Red Cross
Date Posted: November 12, 2013
If you're looking for an opportunity that makes you feel appreciated every day, we invite you to join us. As a charitable organization, the American Red Cross depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. We are currently seeking a professional, innovative and enthusiastic Community Chapter Executive for our Camden County Chapter in Pennsauken, NJ.
Responsible for representing the American Red Cross in the community. The Community Chapter Executive (CCE) will focus externally on core mission delivery, fundraising and being the face of the Red Cross for the media, donors and their communities. The CCE will have oversight of Red Cross service delivery, external relations, and fundraising within an assigned community. The CCE is accountable for achieving performance targets for the Community Chapter, including service delivery, fundraising/revenue and expense targets. In conjunction with the Division Fundraising Vice President, the CCE has primary responsibility in the community for achievement of fundraising goals. The CCE utilizes the support activities of HR, IT, Finance, Communications and Marketing through a matrix project management system to ensure that all operating units have the necessary resources to execute on their community mission. The CCE acts as the chapter's chief fundraiser.
1. Fundraising: In conjunction with the Regional Chapter Executive, has responsibility in the community for achievement of fundraising goals. Develops and grows financial resources within the community, ensuring adequate and diversified financial resources. Leads and participates in strategies to raise and leverage funds, including working with the Chapter Board.
2. External Relationships and Partnerships: Responsible for building strong relationships with key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including donors, governments, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross.
3. Visibility and Community Relevance: Responsibility for ensuring strong visibility for the American Red Cross in the jurisdiction. Increases community awareness, participation and commitment to the Red Cross by being an active community participant and ensuring regular local media communications to the community regarding Red Cross services
and regional/national activities, consistent with regional/national communication strategies. Leverages relationships with local media to ensure that the community is provided access to information about ARC
4. Assigned Chapter Performance- targets and goals: Responsible for delivery of overall assigned targets/goals for revenue from assigned jurisdiction. Responsible for development of community support and communication to the community regarding the role and mission of the Red Cross nationally and locally. Generates partnerships with local organizations, corporations, and associations to further the mission of the Red Cross.
5. Assigned Chapter Performance - Identifies opportunities for sharing knowledge and resources between Chapters within Region and provides access to best practices and training opportunities available through national headquarters.
6. Internal Collaboration and feedback: Provides direction and strategy for improved performance. Works with RCE to ensure coordinated outreach/partnerships with external constituents within the community (local government, donors, corporate partners, other community agencies); collaborative relationships and activities with local ARC Biomedical units; positive interactions with Chapter Board, and management presence in the local community.
7. Service Delivery: Grows and ensures sufficient capacity and consistent, responsive delivery of high-quality Chapter services. This includes emergency and disaster response services, and Services to Armed Forces, and international services based on Regional strategies and local community needs and objectives. Builds Chapter capacity for service delivery through engagement of volunteers and partners. Increases community awareness, participation and commitment.
Other: Interacts with Chapter Board as outlined in the Chapter Board position description.
Minimum Education: Four year college degree (BS/BA) in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance or non-profit administration or equivalent experience required. Prefer Master's degree in the field of community organization, public or business administration or nonprofit management.
Minimum Related Experience: Minimum 4 years related experience in the profit or not-for-profit sector, business, sales or corporate administration. Proven track record in raising significant financial resources. Two years supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability to develop effective work teams and build consensus within the organization and community. Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgments in complex situations. Demonstrated ability for strong communication and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please visit our website at:
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.