Regional Executive – Eastern Pennsylvania RegionCompany: American Red Cross
Date Posted: October 10, 2017
Regional Executive – Eastern Pennsylvania Region
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Regional Executive for our Eastern Pennsylvania Region, based in Philadelphia.
- Along with the Division Fundraising Vice President, the Regional Executive is responsible across the Eastern PA Region for achievement of fundraising goals as the chapters’ and/or region’s chief fundraiser.
• Build strong relationships with key organizations and community leaders.
• Increase community awareness, participation, and commitment to the Red Cross by being an active community participant and ensuring regular local media communications.
• Delivery of overall targets/goals of Eastern PA Region and for strategic and operational management/oversight of reporting chapter(s).
• Ensure sound financial management and public accountability for contributions, income, and all Red Cross assets and approve any chapter annual revenue and expense budgets.
• Build strong collaboration and consensus environment between all units in the Eastern PA Region, including any chapters and provide direction and strategy for improved performance.
• Manage and grow the community resilience programs and work with community partners to ensure that the communities build local capacity to prepare for, prevent, respond, and recover from disasters.
Education: Four year college degree (BS/BA) in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance or non-profit administration or equivalent experience required. Prefer Master’s degree in the field of community organization, public or business administration or nonprofit management.
Experience: Minimum 7 years related experience in the profit or not-for-profit sector in business, sales or corporate administration. Proven track record in raising significant financial resources.
Management Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience directing a workforce and program management responsibilities.
Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability to develop effective work teams and build consensus within the organization and community. Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgments in complex situations. Demonstrated ability for strong communication and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
Travel: As required. May also involve field work.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please visit our website at:
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.